Saturday, October 27, 2012

"The countdown" came and went...

I can't believe it... I had so many plans to blog in the days leading up to my departure, but a crummy old virus took residence in my upper respiratory tract, and the last few days were a blur.  Seems appropriate, somehow, last spring I left with a cold, and now I'm arriving (in Albania) with one... let's just hope that the aftermath is a little less dramatic (that is, no resulting bacterial infections).

So, as you read this, I am wending my way east... first to Dallas, then a trip south with Adi to the Houston Quilt Market to scope out all the choices for a potential quilt store in Albania and to find vendors willing to deal with us so far away (if my crazy plans ever come to fruition).  Not anticipated, but very welcomed, is the opportunity to check out various "tools" that might be incorporated into a ministry for the widows to make jewelry or other adornments in an effort to produce income.  We've actually seen quite a few things that Adi thinks might work well.

Because I arrived at midnight last night and didn't get to sleep until 2:30 am, only to open my eyes and jump out of bed at 7:30 am to begin the 4+ hour trip south to Houston, I forgot my cord that would allow me to download photos.  So, sorry, no visuals today!!  I've tried to Jerry-mander something but it doesn't seem to be working!

When I have a little time and I'm not on my knees typing on the computer located on the bureau, I'll fill you in on more.  But, wanted to say, "Mirpashen."  Be "chatting" with you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment