Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27 - Tirana, Kosovo and beyond!

Here is Katie's blog post:

Five days ago we landed in this country we have both fallen in love with. A place that I thought I'd travel to one time 5 years ago and now have returned for my 5th journey. What calls me back? That answer is simple, the Lord has laid it on my heart year after year. When I'm not here, I'm thinking and planning my next trip. When I am here I am rejoicing in the Lord's faithfulness and watching this once Communist country enjoy their freedom and watching as more and more Albanian's learn about Jesus's love for them.
Byrek, Kosovo style

In the time we have been here so far we have, walked, talked, eaten, drunk coffee, traveled, tried to sleep, and seen God's fruit in each place we have gone. Yesterday we had the opportunity to travel to a small village outside of Pristina, in Kosovo. It was a 4 hour drive from Tirane and we left at the crack of dawn (5am) to travel there. This village was 99% Muslim but there is a new church plant there and they have seen fruit. A pastor and his family have followed God's call to start a church. They are renting a small building where they gather together on Sundays to praise God and grow in their faith. Their numbers are small. Yesterday there were about 12 people and that included us, the pastor, his wife and children, and the couple we traveled with. Although the number is small, these people are coming to faith in Christ. Last week one of the men was baptized! They are praying for opportunities to share their faith with others, and have many plans for outreach projects in the community. Please join us in praying for this small church that is now just a seed being planted but by God's grace will
bloom!
The seed of a new church - in the center of darkness!
We are currently getting ready to head out to a suburb of Tirane to visit some of the widows Sharon has connected with. I'm excited to see more of this ministry she has started and meeting these women who need the light of Jesus in their lives.

Thank you for your faithful prayers during this trip. The verse "Be still and Know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10 has been running through my head since we have been here. We will be still, knowing God is with us and using us to reach this nation!

And, from Sharon:

Praise God for these opportunities.  Each time we stop in the Steven's Center, we see more people we already know, and more opportunities to encourage, share and partner arise.  Thank you for your prayers... we so covet them, and need them.  Charlotte, you will be happy to know that I am taking my Airborne each day!  So far, so good.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment