Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Frankfurt

While you guys are slumbering away, we've been busy!  Arrived in Frankfurt about 10:50 am local time (1:50 am PDT), and have been to a variety of desks to try to finagle seats on the same plane to Vienna.  Currently, I leave at 4:50 pm, and Bill leaves at 7:50.  However, it does not seem to be "in the cards," so to speak.  So, I'll be in Vienna 3 hours before Bill... unless there is an empty seat on my flight.  So, that meant that, during our rescheduled flights and a 9 hour layover in Frankfurt (for Bill) we couldn't take a short trip into Frankfurt to see what it looks like.  Oh, bother!
Frankfort Airport

Airports are remarkably similar... even down to coordinated efforts to tear down the old  and construct the new.  So far, both LAX and FRA (Frankfurt) are construction zones.  I must admit that the new Tom Bradley International Terminal at LAX is much nicer than the old one.  AND, we flew on a brand new 747... well, sort of.  It was only 2 weeks old.  That doesn't mean that the seats or personal space was any different... in fact, it felt a little tighter to me.  It was impossible to get out of my seat when the fellow in front of me had his reclined, and fairly tight even when his was upright.

We found a quiet niche in the older section of FRA for our extended layover - but more and more people have decided to join us.  When I awoke on the plane this morning, I said to
Signs of upgrading
myself "Only two more security screens until we get to Tirana!"  What a sad comment on the state of affairs today.  How I long for the time when a lion will lie down with a lamb.   If it were only possible to change all the human "lions" that stalk our planet and disrupt the peace that was intended.

About security screenings, though, I think I have it figured out... whenever we arrive on an "international flight" (like from Frankfurt to Vienna) or change airlines, we have to be re-screened.  Oh, well, a small price to pay.

Just wanted to add a comment to the blog... to let you know that we are, at least, in the right time zone.  Now, it's just a matter of getting a little further south!  Enjoy that beautiful weather we left!  And, see you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment