Thursday, April 10, 2014

What a busy day...


It’s 11 pm, and the weather is cool and crisp.  I am beginning to think perhaps it is cooler here than at home... Tomorrow we leave with Alban and Dori to retrace some AERO steps.  Where we are going the highs are in the mid--50s with showers, the lows hover around freezing.  OK, where is all this spring weather?  This is the coldest it has ever been for me while I’ve been in Albania.  But, my body is happy so far... enjoying the coolness and not desiring the heat or humidity that I have usually found here.
Working on ministry lists...

I last left you in Vienna.  I was working away, trying to get all my ministry lists in order when I heard a voice say, “Hi, there!”  Bill was slowly moving along the moving walkway and happened to see me at a chair they are beginning to put in some airports which have a desk-height shelf and a couple of plugs.  What a surprise!  I hadn’t expected him for another half-hour; he had made it in great time.  It seems that his arrival gate was right around the corner from the departure gate, and the computer hadn’t beeped when he went through screening, a signal for a random pat-down.  Remember, I’d been the lucky winner twice on this outbound trip!  So, we ambled on down to the departure gate, and waited.  As we were gathering our stuff to board the plane, I looked around for my neck pillow.
Working on my blog note

Now, I’ve only been here 8 or 9 times with that neck pillow - something I guard with my life, almost.  It saves me much pain... so when I didn’t find it, I RAN down to the computer desk, looking left and right all the way for the pillow.  No such luck.  I must have left it on the last plane - I probably plopped my satchel right down on top of it, and since I was still in a sleep-deprived fog, didn’t even think to check under my satchel as I deplaned!  So, spent some time this morning on a quest to find a new one... not so easy in Albania.  Apparently, there are very few neck problems here.  But, did find a wonderful book with drawings of folk costumes which may be helpful in trying to start up a business for some of those I’m helping.

Genta at Stephen Center
Had breakfast with Genta, an incredible witness and a great friend!  She was meeting here with her teammates to evaluate some of their projects. Then off to ETC (European Trade Center) in search of the pillow.  Alban says he will stop at the largest, newest mall tomorrow... he knows just which store stocks them.  I sure hope so, otherwise the road trip promises to be a problem for my neck.  Doggone it!!

The Berhamis
Took the bus to one of the ministry areas, met with our partners there, then back for a nap (man did that feel good), then dinner with the Berhamis.  Yum!  Adi is such a good cook!  Touched bases with a number of our partners and friends, firmed up our obligations and plans, and feel that things are ready.  So, a glance at the past with Alban, Dori and Bill, all the while looking to gain knowledge about the people and places of this wonderful land, and for new opportunities.  We’ll put on our running shoes and head out on Monday morning!

It is definitely time to sleep, but wanted to greet you and tell you that things are shaping up very well so far!  Adi and I talked about our plans for Tuesday.  I have plans to meet Olta on Monday, then home visits in the afternoon.  So, lots on the docket.  But, for now, naten e mir!




No comments:

Post a Comment