Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tuesday morning... March 31

Another beautiful day... it is sunny, crisp and generally full of potential.  For a Californian, it is so much easier to face the day with the sun shining.

OK, I have a few minutes, and I hope I can finish a full post.  I can't tell you how many I have started and not been able to finish, so just deleted them... there was not enough to save or finish.  Life here is so much about bumping into someone and "having a coffee."  And, the Qendra Stefan is just the place people I know like to frequent...

Well, the predictable has happened.  Now I only have a few minutes.  Yesterday, we trekked to the prison... I went to Pre-Detention before (I don't think I have clued you in on that... but will later).  En route we saw something that is fairly common here.  We see animals grazing in the parks.  Here are some sheep... if you look closely, you will find a little lamb who, on answering his mother's call, was distracted by some very tempting grass just next to one of the benches.  My Albanian friends laugh at me as I am the consummate tourist!  I love taking pictures of things that are different... things I wouldn't see at home.

We gathered some of the women - many of whom we have seen before - in the library, and made colorful earrings out of cardstock.  If you are interested in making a pair, let Katie or me know and we can show you how!

We had an artist among us, and she decided to make hearts.  The rest of us, less artistically inclined, made circles.  One person tried squares which looked cool, too.  It was a fun time, and the ladies seemed delighted with their new jewelry!!  It was a change from the everyday things that they do, at least.

We spent the afternoon with the CRU ladies and their daughters, but you will have to wait to see our time there.  I must run right now... I have to be on my way to Bathore.  Please pray for wisdom for us there, for God to answer our pleas for direction!

Pafshim.










No comments:

Post a Comment