Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Debbie arrived today - 20 October




Alban and I just got back from the airport with a weary Debbie!!!  And, all her luggage arrived with her!  We will soon go to dinner, and then I think she will want some much needed sleep in a bed!!

It's been wet today... it's been so long in California that it is still a somewhat unique experience.  Alban says that the "Californians bring the rain"...  it's essentially been dry except for the days that we Californians have arrived.

Last night, as I was passing one of the rooms in the Qendra Stefan, my peripheral vision caught a fleeting glance at a guy sitting in his room with an open door.  I thought I recognized him... from my peripheral vision???  "Jim?... Is that you?"  There was no answer, so I ever-so-slowly tried to stealthily peer, undetected, around the open door jam to decide if my peripheral vision had indeed just tricked me or if it truly was Jim... and, it was!
So, while I was with Don and Krystal, Jim, Joe, Charlotte and traveling companions filled up rooms down the hall (there are only 6 rooms total).  With them was a pastor from Iowa and ex-Southern Californians who are now in Kosovo.  We chatted for awhile in the hall, then met everyone this morning with Adi, Berti and others to share ministry experiences and visions for the Balkans.

So, this morning we learned about incredible things that are happening and foundations being set for ministry in Macedonia and Kosovo.  Michael and Rebecca have been invited by the Kosovar government to develop the sport of baseball there (apparently, baseball is becoming quite popular in Europe).  Meanwhile, David has started an NGO in Macedonia. 











Check out Michael's mitt... have you ever seen one quite like that???  Yes, there is a white thumb.  Imagine what an opportunity the colors provide to tell about the Good News!  Michael and Rebecca have all sorts of visions for ministries in Kosovo as off-shoots of their project to develop baseball there.  And, David has started an NGO in Macedonia to interface with Albanian-Macedonians, teaching them English and trying to find other  platforms for developing friendships.  He, also, has all sorts of ideas for interesting and unique ways to engage that culture.
Spent some time planning what we will do tomorrow, tried unsuccessfully to get some errands done, then went to pick up Debbie.  If I can, I'll give you a little idea of what happened with some Roma kids yesterday and the visions that Krystal and Don have for their ministries!  Right now I think I'll try to wrestle Debbie away from unpacking and get some chow!

Mirpafshim!


No comments:

Post a Comment