Thursday, June 13, 2013

Friday morning - June 14

Students with their end-of-year gifts
As "the countdown" begins, things begin to get a little frantic here - it will be less than a week before I leave.  All the people and appointments that seemed to be so flexible at the beginning - "we'll get to it; you're here for such a long time" - are piling up in this last week.  I must admit to a little of that nonchalance myself, but no longer!
Medical office next door in Bathore
Today, I travel with Alban and Dori to Kruja.  They have been so gracious to assent - it is the home of Skanderbeg and Daniel will be getting a little history lesson, I understand.  It is also a town with many folk arts and I must admit that I am doing a little research... looking for that something the widows could produce and potentially use as income, either by itself or by incorporating it into another product.  The ladies don't value their hand skills very highly, and I have found that until asked specifically about something, they don't think to
OB and assistant
mention it "because everyone knows how to do that."

At any rate, I have jealously guarded this day and kept it free... all my other days have been filled.  So, my second tourist excursion in all the times I've been here.

Can't wait to share about all my activities, but had no internet last night, and no time this morning.  Hopefully, will get a chance to fill you in this evening or tomorrow morning!
Chance of rain

Thanks for your prayers - so far no errant viruses or bacteria have taken up residence, but I must admit that the body seems to be older this year.... maybe I've celebrated my 49th birthday too many times!!!

Mirupashen!

1 comment: