Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday Morning - June 10

What a treat yesterday - I spent some time with my Sunday School class!  It was so good to share with them, to see their faces, to hear them, to know what they are studying - and to know that they are praying for me.  It makes such a difference to know that there are others who remember what you are doing, who plead with our Abba for your sake.  Their prayers are being answered - so far, my body is holding out OK!!  Pretty good for an old lady! 

I shared with my class the rules that I am forming about Albania.
     RULE 1:  Walk on the shady side of the street.  Can you believe
I had just returned from a "short" amble to Tirana e Re - 45-50 minutes each way.  It was particularly apropos for that outing, and the second was like it:
     RULE 2:  Only cross the street with a group including an old lady (me) and a young child.
I am getting better at crossing streets against the red light or mid-block!  I had a little training in NYC.  Each time I come, the traffic is a little better - this time the pedestrians seem to be a little more contained.  Nonetheless, it is always better to cross, even in crosswalks, with a few others!
     RULE 3:  Be flexible.  OK, this is the hard one for me... and I'm thinking of moving it up to number 1.  My appointments for yesterday all canceled, but I had the opportunity to meet one of my favorite people in the afternoon - oh, that I could speak a little more Albanian!  Today, while madly dashing around to get ready, my two appointments this morning canceled - is it me????  But, they have all rescheduled, just conflicts.  It is all according to His plan, so He will take care of it.  It made getting ready today a little more leisurely and gave me an opportunity to chat with you.

Do you have any candidates for Rule 4 or 5?  Le me know.

Well, my respite is over - may we all walk in the manner to which we have been called - with humility, gentleness, and patience.

Mirupafshim

No comments:

Post a Comment